10.07.2005

And she's off . . .

Quickly, I stopped in to see Mom yesterday. I guess she wants to go home.

She is getting out of bed, getting herself into her wheelchair, and getting herself into the bathroom. She isn't actually walking unassisted, but she is getting up and standing.

That is actually kind of huge.

And she told me the Doctor said she might get to go home on the weekend. That's pretty ambitious but she looks the best she has since this whole thing began. Obviously, it doesn't end here. She has plenty of health issues, and they both need to be in a better living situation, but she is getting better way faster than anyone expected.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Waldie said...

This is great to hear. I'm glad that she's up and around a little, and I hope that her other health issues start improving too.

Fri Oct 07, 09:51:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home