7.07.2006

30 days

I just made it.

I started looking at all the regular blogs today, and realized it had been a month since my last. So this blog is almost entirely about making it under the wire before the Blog Police come and shut down the doors.

It has been a busy little while. I had full responsibility for the household for a little while, and discovered that I CAN do it myself, though A) Not as well as when I have the lovely Diana to pull the greatest load, B) Its just a whole lot nicer to have her companionship and voice and physical manifestation around. All of us feel that way (I mean the animals and I). Poor Tommy has been stressing sooo much that hair was just dropping off his body.

Other than the medical drama that is still playing out its course in western PA . . . I had my own little technology drama. I am blogging this morning on my new Mac G4 Powerbook, which I bought on Ebay for an astonishing $925.00. This is not your ordinary Powerbook. It's a 15inch 1.67ghz Dual Layer Superdrive with 2 gigs of RAM and a 1440 x 960 res screen. What does that mean to mere mortals? It means it is the last true Powerbook made by Apple before they went over to the dark side. It probably sold for nearly 3000.00 as late as April, before the new Macbook Pro models were introduced. I got a DEAL.

Though it came at some expense . . . this was the worst Ebay experience I ever had. But you'll need to wait for the blog to fully appreciate. Stay tuned.

Is it just me, or did anyone else look at the Queen's comments about Oscar as, well . . . let me quote them here . . .

"And on the home front, I have final caved and have Oscar sleeping in the bed with me. I haven't had a good night sleep for the past month because he is always waking me up in the middle of the night. He kills me. So, lastnight I let him sleep w/ me and so it begins. I feel as though I have just made a huge commitment. I am committing to sleeping with that little terror for what I assume will be like the next 10 years. But I woke up yesterday morning @ 4:45 to him jumping against the bed and thought. Whatever. Maybe I will sleep better. All I know is, it didn't seem to be that big of a deal when I was 10 and had just gotten Crackers. Again, whatever. he is lucky he is so cute. And he makes me laugh allot. And it helps that he loves me."


Okay, I know he's a dog and YOU know he's a dog . . . but if you didn't know that . . .

I keep imaging some diminutive, dark, Latin lover throwing himself against her bed in a failed attempt to initiate some passionate romantic congress only to have her awake and send him to the corner once again. Until finally, that magic moment when she smiles and winks, throws back the covers and pats the bed along side her . . . and now for the next ten years she'll have a Mariachi festival going on between the sheets.

Okay . . . maybe I am projecting just a bit, but even so . . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home