11.22.2005

Tommy can you hear me . . .

Well, he's here. All the way from Lee County, VA is our newest member of the family. Poor little guy was a mess when we picked him up. He was dirty, smelled, had red itchy skin, was shedding like crazy, and spent the ride back from the rescue sound asleep in my arms.

Once we got home, he got a well deserved bath, and spent the first night sleeping at my feet on the couch. He was exhausted. Now a couple days later, he smells better, has lots of energy, and just loves his new home. We took him to the vet (actually Diana took him to the vet) and we found out he had a broken leg and pelvis, probably from being hit by a car a few months back. His pelvis healed fine, but the leg looks like a pretzel in the x-ray. But he's a tough little guy and he is obviously a survivor. And he runs like hell on three legs. But he can use the leg, and I'm hoping as it gets stronger, he'll use it more.

But now he's ours . . . and it is good.

Oh, and the name, Tommy . . . that song just kept playing in my head all the way home.

Ooooo . . . Tommy . . . Tommy. Tommy can you hear me . . .

Smart little guy answers to it already. I didn't think good ol' boys from Virginia were into the British Invasion.




3 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

The Who. One of my favorite albums of all time. Pinball Wizard is playing in my head right now.

Welcome, Tommy, you found a great home.

Hope Turkey Day went well!

Thu Nov 24, 09:55:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David's response? "See me. Feel me. Touch me. Heal me."

Mon Dec 05, 11:15:00 AM 2005  
Blogger (jim) Bo Ba Log said...

Tommy's response? "See me, feed me, touch me, then feed me."

Tue Dec 06, 08:40:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home