11.11.2005

RIP Overstock.com

As what can only be described as an exercise in pure delight, I just filled out a survey for Overstock.com. Well . . . maybe delight isn't truly accurate. You see, they annoyed me immediately upon sending me the following email.

Dear Customer,

Regarding your recent contact with Overstock.com, would you please take a minute
to answer a few questions. Your feedback will help us in our commitment to excellence.

http://echo.benchmarkportal.com/overstock/survey.taf blah blah blah

To respond to our survey, please click on the web address above. If that does
not work, please cut and paste the entire web address into the address field
of your browser.

NOTE: Please respond within five days so that you can provide timely feedback
to us. This survey will be available for only 5 days.

Thank you for your help!

Overstock.com Customer Support


Okay, if you've followed closely in your books, and understood the significance of my little color changes, then you've been paying attention, give yourself a gold star.

I was further annoyed by the fact that this survey is really a generic piece a pablum. You'd think, considering the THOUSANDS of customer complaints they had in the last month or two, that they'd focus on what they really did wrong. Instead, this particular survey focused on courtesy of agents, ease of navigation, quality of merchandise . . .

Wait . . . I NEVER GOT THE FRIGGIN' PRODUCT. Isn't it a little, oh, I don't know . . .

STUPID


to ask me what I thought of a product I never received.

to ask how pleased I was with the shipping and handling. (Hello, it was NEVER SHIPPED)

to ask me how well CS is doing when I had to talk to 6 different people, to contact them 5
separate times, wait 4 separate "waiting periods", scream and yell 3 separate times, write two separate blog entries ( and a partridge in a . . . oh forget it)

They give you a bunch of "Agree, Somewhat Agree, Strongly Agree, Really Really Agree, I Don't Know Maybe I Agree Maybe I don't Agree" kinds of multiple choice questions. I was able to give them one "strongly agree". They can apologize with the best of them. But they do give you a space where you can enter 2000 words of comments.


I didn't need all two thousand.

;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben Waldie said...

OH MAN, I feel your pain! This pisses me off, and I haven't even ordered from them.

I hate when I have a horrible experience with a company, and then they send me a survey, which doesn't even address the real concerns or problems I encountered. I wish I could say that this doesn't happen very often. But, it actually does.

Sigh.

Fri Nov 11, 11:54:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Chad said...

I can only imagine which two very choice words you applied to their question.

I once ordered something from Overstock.com. They sent me the wrong size. The jacket intended for my wife is now hangin in my closet waiting for us to have a daughter who can wear it.

It seemed like a much easier process and one that would have a quicker resolution.

Fri Nov 11, 07:03:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Fred said...

I've never order anything from them. Based on this, I never will.

Sat Nov 12, 09:29:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home